How to admit you’re a lo$er (By Kenny Love)
Sometimes, given some of the element that calls itself a “musician” that I meet in my daily trial and error of the Music industry, I compare it to the element I also met when I was a cop for a couple of years.
In fact, I am embarrassed to say that, on occasion, I met a nicer element as a cop. Per the below response that came from what I term a “disenfranchised” musician, in respect to qualifying for our MuBiz.com distribution, I believe you will readily see what I mean…
Oh, by the way… I have omitted this individual’s name and contact info for the following reasons:
1. I might (unfortunately) discover that ‘His Royal Dumbness’ is just smart enough to (successfully) sue me should I reveal his identity.
2. This guy’s a real screamer… literally.
3. This is one of those rare instances, whereby, I do *NOT* desire to promote.
Without further ado, please follow the below mindless chatter.
THAT’S BULLSHIT! FUCK YOUR DISTRIBUTION! I MUST LET YOU KNOW MAN, RIGHT NOW, I KNOW I CAN’T AFFORD TO GET ALL OF THE SONGS I HAVE IN MIND ON RECORD!
I THOUGHT YOU COULD HAVE HELPED ME A LITTLE WITH THIS PRESENT SITUATION I’M IN! A WHOLE ALBUM!
SH*T! I DON’T HAVE A RECORD CONTRACT WITH A RECORD LABEL! NO ADVANCES, BUDGETS OR NOTHING LIKE THAT!
I MAKE, LIKE, A $100-$180 A WEEK! WITH THIS SINGLE ROOM I’M LIVING IN, THERE IS NO WAY I CAN AFFORD TO GET MANY SONGS DONE UNLESS I’M MYSELF A PRODUCER,COMPOSER,MIXER, ENG, ETC., AND HAVE MY OWN STUDIO EQUIPMENT AND SHIT LIKE THAT!
While the late great Country singer, Waylon Jennings was busy espousing advice to mothers such as “Mommas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys,” a highly successful musical seller, he might have experienced equal, if not greater success with a follow-up titled, “Daddies, Don’t Let Your Younguns Grow Up To Be Musicians” as well.
In fact, in support of foresight, he might even have created an unlimited franchise with such subsequent follow-ups as:
1. “Uncle’s, Don’t Let Your Nephews Grow Up To Be Gynecologists”
2. “Aunties, Don’t Let Your Nieces Grow Up To Be Knife-Wielding, Gun-Totin’ Bra-Burnin’ Paratroopers. < ==(Huh? What the--?) While I often spend my writing days touting the bastardization of the corporate sector of the Music industry, alternatively, along comes the "Indie" version of this insanity, albeit, significantly less financed. This type of correspondence usually gets me to considering another extended vacation in my wife's homeland of Puerto Rico. ______________________________________ Editor’s Note: Kenny Love owns and manages MuBiz.com, a music organization providing multiple business and career services for independent musicians and recording artists.