Saturday’s mix at V89 swung from the new, to the old, and back to the new again, but the main highlight occurred in the studio away from the listener’s ears, when I dropped the Clipse track. Trying to find the next track, I scrolled through the Serato crate with my headphones clamped to my head, happily rhyming along with Pusha T as I did so. Just as he pledged to show everyone who the fuck he was, I caught worried looks from the others in the studio, shitting themselves because I’d played the dirty version. Except I hadn’t. Except they swore I had, which resulted in me quickly cutting that awful Souls Of Mischief track into the mix as an emergency f-bomb saver.
After further investigation it turned out the only pottymouth was in the studio. It seems I do a damn good Pusha T impression.
Oh how we laughed.
DJ A to the L
The Underground Railroad, live on WVFS 89.7 (04/25/09)
01) Ali Vegas ft Young TRL – Dislike
02) Cee-Rock The Fury ft Timid – Lyssen Up
03) Miles High – Horizon
04) Yaggfu Front – Where’d You Get Your Bobos?
05) Tonedeff – U Talk 2 Much
06) Abstract Tribe Unique – Ooh I’ma Getcha
07) Mr Complex ft Biz Markie – Glue
08) Soul Supreme – Beat 40
09) The BUMS – Elevation (Free My Mind)
10) Freeway ft Hezekiah – As I Ever Been
11) Iceberg Slim – Where I’m From
12) Soul Supreme – Beat 45
13) Shad – Brother (Watching)
14) Damu The Fudgemunk – Coffee Table
15) East Flatbush Project – Tried By 12
16) Kool G Rap & DJ Polo – Ill Street Blues
17) Nas ft Large Professor – Stay Chiselled
18) Tha 4orce – The Musician
19) Moka Only – Dice
20) Clipse – Grindin’
21) Souls Of Mischief – Never No More
22) A Tribe Called Quest – Award Tour
23) Bahamadia – Total Wreck
24) DJ Frane – Visions Of Uhhhhhh
25) Foreign Exchange – Take Off The Blues
26) Hanif-Jamyl – Yes U R
27) Pete Rock ft Rell – That’s What I’m Talking About
28) Carlos Nino & Lil Sci – The Replenish